Sunday, March 7, 2010

FINAL EPOC WORKOUT






This was it. This was the final test of my 8 weeks I AM CROSSFIT CHALLENGE! 8 weeks went by so fast! I cannot believe it! We started with this:

I Am CrossFit E.P.O.C. from CrossFit Central on Vimeo.


Here we are 8 weeks later to put it all to the test. To test our efforts. To lay it on the line. To go against ourselves, the weight, the clock. To reach goals set 8 weeks ago. To smash goals set 8 weeks ago. To make dreams come true. We were group #2. We warmed up as normal (in our new LuLuLemon attire that we rewarded ourselves with as well as our AWESOME sports bra's Melisa had made for us that said "I AM CROSSFIT EPOC"). We were then paired with a coach. I was paired with Mike. Next we set our bars for pull ups and hang cleans. We lined up and took off. The workout was as follow (in case you forgot):
3 rounds:
400m Run
15 pull ups
7 hang cleans (level 3 95lbs)
Of course Melisa set the pace...which is a HUGE help for me because if I can keep her in sight then I consider myself doing okay. LOL! We were the first 2 in and like Travis suggested during my final measurements, I ran right to my bar and started my pull ups. He suggested that when you get done with one exercise you run straight to the next exercise and get at least one rep in. I did the first set of pull ups without a band, rounds 2 and 3 I had to use a red band ONLY because I did that the first time, ugh. I knocked out 95lbs and took off for the run. I felt good! I got through rounds 2 and 3 called time at 8:58. When I did this 8 weeks ago my time was 11:09. I beat my time by a little over 2 mins...HECK YEAH!!!
We stayed around and watched Em who just repped out everything and smashed through the workout in no time! She did soooo wonderful! After that Melisa, Pam, Jess, and myself headed to Upper Crust Bakery where Chris, Melisa's brother had us Double C cupcakes made!! OMG were they AMAZING! Since this was our cheat day (first one in 8 weeks) we had a whole day planned out and cheat wasn't going to stop at this outing. LOL! Melisa and I shared a cupcake and a coffee. Us 4 also shared a MASSIVE yet so amazing cinn roll! Our next stop was Central Market for our favorite, coffee and samples!!! We tried a vareity of stuff here...including lots of processed stuff. Since the weather was AMAZING...thank you God...we went to the farmers market off Brodie! This is something I have always wanted to do, but it has been cold and/or rainy. If you know me I'm NOT going outside in these conditions! After the samples at the farmers market, we went back to my casa and I opened a bag of peanut M&Ms that I was given during my challenge but threw in my freezer for my cheat day. Melisa and I had a few each. Next we loaded up Duke and went to Auditorium Shores to let Duker run and play with other dogs, he had a blast. On the way home we went to LuLu to see what was on sale and check Mel's giftcards! I left my wallet in the car on purpose but Duke and I went in to help Melisa pick out a new tank top...that was on sale! We finally came home and I had more m&ms and half of another cupcake. Melisa left and I got a little nap! I then picked Melisa up around 7:15pm ish and we headed to Olive Garden to help Michelle turn 43! We met Pam here and then she went with us to meet up with Rick. Since we agreed to meet up with Rick later, we had a drink and chilled with Michelle then met Rick for dinner at Matt's El Rancho. Let me start off by saying, 1 glass of wine after 8weeks of NO drinks...WOW! At Matt's we had 2 ritas and processed chips but a paleo salad that was oh so yummy! We were even joined by one of my AWESOME clients AND Jess stopped by to say hello and show us her SUPER cute boots...which we are going to have to break in soon! After a wonderful night we all headed hom and I was in bed around 11pm LOL! I LOVE IT...Saturday night and I'm in bed early! Well I actually ended up snuggling on the couch with Duker! What a GREAT way to end an awesome 8 week challenge.
I AM CROSSFIT.


No comments:

Post a Comment