Sunday, February 21, 2010

Update

2.10.10
ARAP in 12mins
10 deadlift (20lbs)
10 shldr press (20lbs)
10 hang cleans (see below)

Well because we have to do hang cleans at our benchmark...and we are crazy. We decided to do our hang clean wt for this workout. So we set up with our dumbbells in front of our barbell loaded with our wt to clean...95lbs. We started and grunted through this (I'm not kidding). Yes that is 20lbs in each hand...total 40#...shoot me.

I pushed through and got 7 full rounds and 10 deadlifts of the next round. ouch.

2.11.10 - Thursday

30 20 10 DB Snatch (single Arm 25#)
20 10 30 Box Jumps
10 20 20 Pull Ups

OKay it isn't as hard to read as you would think. I did 30 DB Snatches (15 each arm), 20 box jumps and 10 pull ups, then 20 snatches (10 each arm), 10 box jumps and 20 pull ups...you got the drill. The weight used for the snatches was a 25lb dumbbell. Don't get me wrong this wasn't bad but it wasn't easy. LOL! I called time at 12:50! I actually came out rip free..which is a huge suprise!

2.12-15.10 Fri-Monday

I was bad this weekend. I was out of town getting my PT Cert through a different company so I was in class from 1-9:30pm Friday, and 8-6pm on Saturday and Sunday. I was wooped and mentally drained so I didn't workout. Bad Bad Bad girl I know. To make things worse I spent Monday playing catch up nad didn't workout either. Trust me, I felt it on Tuesday. word of advice, dont' do this, don't let work get in the way of your workouts...bad idea!

I did however keep up with my nutrition! I prepared all my food and labeled it with the zone blocks (I zone my paleo) using post-its and tape. Since I was staying with a friend I was able to keep things in her fridge instead of the icechest that I brought. Becky is use to me doing goofy things like this so she really didn't say anything. I did explain it to her and the reason behind it (faster stronger leaner). At my workshop, the bodybuilder dude did ask me if I was training for a show because I pulled out a labeled healthy snack. I said, "Nope, I just eat clean". That was the last he spoke to me LOL! I DID look around each day to see what these about to be Personal Trainers (if you passed yoru test) were eating and I almost felt sad for them. There were more energy drinks and bars in that room. Yes I use to be one of these people, that is why I can say this. A common snack for me would be a monster drink and/or a cliff bar. They just don't know that all they needed was to eat clean and that energy drink and/or bar wasn't really doing them any good! So sad! Those that sat at my table did ask mea bout paleo and crossfit and I told them and about my AMAZING experience with both! Hopefully I was able to impact them!

2.16.10 Tuesday
10-->1 reps
SDHP to Sprawls (M-65#/F-45#)
DB Thrusters (W-30#/M-65#)

All of these are Melisa's favorite lifts. I do have to say sprawls sure beat the heck out of burpees. The SDHP was done on a bar and the thrusters were done with deadlifts and butt on ball. I did this and called time at 7:24. You just couldn't stop. If you stopped you were done. LOL! I did my sprawls over my bar so that helped with efficiency.

2.17.10 - EPOC #2
40 manmakers (25#)

For those that don't know what a man maker is it is a sprawl with hands on 2 DB (one hand on each), push up, then a row with each arm, jump feet up still holding on to DB, Clean DB, OH Press them...that is one. Yes...ouch is correct! Melisa and I set this up at dreaded every min of it. 4 sets of 10 with random rest in between. This was FAR from easy! Infact I would be okay if I NEVER had to do these again! I called time at 13:11. That was the LONGEST 13 mins of my life. Death by manmakers...

2.18.10 - "NANCY"

5 rounds for time
15 OH Squat (65#)
400m run

Melisa saw this workout posted on the facer the night before and told me to go look at it. Weight overhead...my mental block started building. I was already nervous and it was only the night before. I have seen one to many videos of lifters dropping weight on their neck and that was that. In powerlifting we NEVER put weight over our head. I was for real scared. We warmed up and set up. Awhile back we had to do OH squats and I dropped the weight from 65 to 55 because I was scared. But then after that workout we tried 65 and kicked ourselves for not doing 65. therefore this time I loaded the bar with 65. Lisa called GO and i snatched that bar over my head and suprisingly it wasn't that bad. I did 15 and took off for the run. Finshed the first run and picked that bar back up over my head and i thought okay its about to get hard now. Same thing, knocked them out...400m run. This happened to me every time. I did this workout unbroken (meaning I didn't take a break or set the bar down in between rounds). I was shocked!!! I actually MIGHT be able to add weight to the bar next time and do a heavier OH...scary and exciting all in one! I called tiem in 15:01...nancy smancy!!

2.20.10: EPOC Team 3 Workout

We met at the Wilk Hill...if you know what this is you will understand how hard this is...better yet how much it sucks. We warmed up in the drizzly rain and did the normal CF Dynamic workout. Then we paired up with another team mate. I paired with Jess. We were instructed to run up Wilk 5 times, then backwards 3 times (working posterior chain). HOWEVER we had to carry weight with us at least 3 of the 5 times up, no weight running backwards up. Jess and I shared a 25lb dumbbell. Alot of pairs took turns carring the weight up. We however shared the weight. I might have bruises on teh sides of my leg from the weight banging BUT we made it up the hill. LOL! We would walk/jog down. We thougth we only had to do 3 weight weight but she wanted AT LEAST 3. So we did #2 w/out weight but the rest with weight (4x with weight, 1x w/out). Then we ran/jogged/walked up it backwards. Stretched and left. I then left in search of coffee and a way to kill 45mins before the Kettlebell seminar. Needless to say, my butt HURTS!!!

Okay you should be caught up except for Sunday, today. I will do that tonight after my paleo dinner with friends at Maudies!! I will also include my KB notes so you to can learn about KB...

stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment